ILD Telecommunications Inc and AT&T, ripp-off partners?

Jan 19, 2010
review #168356

I just opened my telephone bill from AT&T and found a charge of $ 12.95 from ILD Telecommunications Inc.I tried calling the 800 number provided, but they are closed (10:30 PM DST).

Never before heard of this company, never made any transactions with them. I searched the internet and found a ton of pissed-off consumers with similar fraudulent charges. How can this be legal? Why AT&T fails its loyal customers by billing this fraudulent charges on behalf of thieves?

I will call AT&T tomorrow to find out what they have to say, but it doesn't matter anyway because i will kiss good by my telephone service for ever. With cell phones at affordable prices there is no need of house phones.

Attention class action law firms and angry victims of ILD Telecommunications: any body interested in pursuing justice in court?

Let's gang-up against corporate thieves.

674ef3a
4.4
Had an experience with ILD Telecommunications?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
El Once

Aug 05, 2013

As the saga continues on a different person, I did sign up for Optic Internet Protocol for long distance in Feb 07 2013. Next bill from CenturyLink had another Feb 28 bill. Then I get the Mar bill, 2 charges; Apr 2 charges; May 2 charges; June 1 charges; and July 3. It wasn't just from them, because every bill they put through had USF CARRIER ADMINFEE and UNIVERSAL SERVICE FUND FEE. They overbilled me to the tune of about $57, yet they were only going to give back $34. They admitted to issues with their billing. My CenturyLink bill would be from the 19th of the month, but OIP would try to sneak in a bill from the previous month and the current month. The lady said they only billed once a month, but it was never on the same day of the month. Oh, and get this, the number listed to get hold of OIP wasn't even correct and has been wrong since the service started.

janie granados

Dec 05, 2012

same thing here my gma got chrged 8.90 when all she uses is the home phone there is no possible way she did anything else

Disconnected

Jul 07, 2012

A $9 charge from ILD Services appeared on my AT&T phone bill this month. AT&T had my bill screwed up the previous two billing cycles, so I noticed the charges right away. Since I had previously disputed the rate increase, I figured it was AT&T's way of jacking up the rates for my internet service by sneaking around through a back door. I called AT&T to dispute the charge along with 3 long distance calls charged to my phone that I did not make. AT&T told me ILD is a third party company and like everyone else, I was told I had to contact ILD directly to dispute the charges. During the course of that conversation I noticed the $9 included a set-up fee and a monthly fee. I told AT&T to immediately settle my dispute with ILD to simply disconnect my telephone service effective immediately. No phone service, no unauthorized monthly charges, problem solved. I called ILD at the number listed on my bill and surprisingly they easily agreed to reverse the charges. I'm a little concerned because they insisted on getting my name to reverse the charges, and it seems like they should have had that piece of information if the charges were legitimate. Either way, I will decide when the time comes if it is worth wasting my time fighting with crooks over $9 or just pay it and be done with them since I no longer have a phone bill they can cram. AT&T truly hoisted themselves on their own petard with allowing these crminals to cram my bill. Suddenly AT&T profits went to zero on my... Show more

monica

Feb 06, 2012

I cant believe att is letting 3rd parties get into your account are they getting money out of it because there going bankrupt?! I been getting charged for 4mths from ild teleservis protocol and they refuse to give me my money back saying someone in the household didnt have to be me the owner of the line authorized it so there telling me my 3 yr old authorized this service i guess because no one else lives here. i have a cell phone i dont need home long distance. its sad that att would let something like this happen but i too am kissing my home phone good bye going with timewarner!! if there is a lawsuit let me know these people and att shouldnt get away with this!!!!!!

KBV

Jul 27, 2011

Same story as everyone else - 3rd party billing by ILD on behalf of another 3rd party company called ID Life Guards. Called ILD twice. 1st time agent #13204 offered to remove 2 months of charges - anything more would need to be removed by ID Life Guards. She transferred me and it landed in voicemail during regular business hours. Called ILD back and Agent Roxanne agreed to remove 3 months of charges but her system did not go back any further. Promised to email ID Life Guards for reversal of remaining charges saying it would be 5-6 days before they contacted me. Called AT&T back, gave them this info and they said it would be up to 2 billing cycles before ILD refund would be applied. Asked AT&T why my block added last year (this is the 3rd instance) didn't stop it. She said their software wasn't effective last year and new software has been installed - the block is now added back on (note: if you had a block on your account last year, it appears you need to call AT&T back and have it added in again!).

If this happens one more time, I'm dumping AT&T for Time Warner. Oh yeah, add me to a class action suit!

totally ticked off

Apr 28, 2011

It isn't only AT&T. I received a bill from Bell Canada for an outrageous amount for 4 short calls placed from Mexico. The calls were made direct without any operator assistance using our Bell Calling Card through Bell's welcome to Canada number. My husband travels to Mexico on business at least once a year and we have never, ever had a problem before. We have been billed for 4 overseas collect calls. Bell told me I had to contact ILD (Which also goes by IDL) directly to resolve the matter, Bell claiming to have no relationship with them. I contacted these pirates located in San Antonio, Texas and was told that we must have made collect calls. I told him that wasn't the case. ILD pulled more excuses out of their hat about why this must be the case (in other words they are telling me I'm lying). I asked to speak to their corporate office but was refused help.

karin

Apr 22, 2011

I too have been fighting ILD for 4 months adding charges on my bill . I called ATT and even blocked everything on my number low and behold bam! another charge this month.
If someone would start a lawsuit against this *** company im in!
I called att customer service they were super helpful and credited my bill for 2 months. The ILD company is snotty and rude and refused to cancel until i threatened to contact the government agencies about them,

I will be calling att back and probably cancelling my service because last month i requested a block but there is another charge from these idiots on my bill again!

Lenny Cleveland, Ohio

Mar 29, 2011

I noticed the $12.95 charge last month from ILD International. I called and asked to have it canceled. They informed me that my wife had ordered the service, but the email aaddress they provided is wrong. I called again this month when I saw the bill agian. This time they told me that it would take two to three billing cycles before it would be removed. I asked for a manager but they would not connect me with one. So I guess I can contact the BBB and ATT legal.

Marcia

Mar 07, 2011

For years I have been using AT & T as my telephone carrier for ALL services, including my local and long distance.

While I was on a trip, my husband mistakenly paid an ATT bill, without noticing THAT WE HAD BEEN SLAMMED BY OPTIC INTERNET PROTOCOL, INC. WHICH I UNDERSTAND USES ILD TO BILL.

MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE NEVER, EVER, ENGAGED BY TELEPHONE, MAIL OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF COMMUNICATION TO CHANGE OUR TELEPHONE CARRIER. Upon my return from my trip I called AT & T and informed them of the problem. They suggested that we call Optic Internet Protocol, Inc., which I did and THEY WERE NEVER ABLE TO PROVIDE ME WITH ANY NAME OF ANYBODY IN MY HOUSEHOLD WHO AGREED TO WHAT THEY WERE CLAIMED. FURTHERMORE, THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY WOULD CONTACT ME WITHIN 7 TO 10 BUSINESS DAY AND THEY NEVER DID.

TODAY I CALLED AGAIN BECAUSE I HAVE RECEIVED A SECOND BILL, WHICH I WILL NOT PAY SINCE I NEVER CONTRACTED THEIR SERVICES AND THEY KEEP LYING TO ME SAYING "THAT THEY OFFERED ME A SETTLEMENT!!!" THIS IS ANOTHER BIG LIE. NOBODY FROM THEIR COMPANY HAS EVER CALLED ME AND I DEMAND FOR THEM TO PRODUCE A WRITTEN CONFIRMATION OF THEIR CLAIM.

I WILL USE EVERY SINGLE COMMUNICATION ALERT THAT I AM ABLE TO TO EXPOSE THIS COMPANY, THEIR LIES, AND WAY OF STEALING MONEY FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT AWARE OF THEIR SLEAZY WAYS OF DOING BUSINESS. PLEASE PUT THEM ALL IN JAIL!!
MARCIA O. JOVEL
502 MANOR RD.
LAREDO, TX. 78041
... Show more

Ko

Jan 07, 2011

I just got my phone bill and I also got billed 12.95 from IDL.This is not the first time this has happened.Has any one else had any other charges from AT&T for other things that they supposedly signed up for.

GW

Jan 05, 2011

Question: How can a class action lawsuit be started against these unscrupulous companies so this kind of fraud can be stopped???

GW Nail

Jan 04, 2011

Yep...I have been battling these thieves for over a year. They will not go away. If and when I do get to talk to them they do reverse the charges and supposedly remove me from further charges but a few months later they are back! I am contacting my attorney general!

Anna

Dec 27, 2010

I also have the same problem. I contacted ILD directly, not the phone number on the billing statement from AT & T and they helped me with courteous manner. They dropped the charges and removed me from further charges. However, yes it may take up to 2 billing cycles to do so. I contacted AT & T and was told the same stuff, you gotta contact ILD directly, we can't dispute it for you and bla bla bla.

I was told not to pay the disputed amount, $12.95.

AT & T, I don't know how is this people get my information, but my suspicion is from your company. So, I am looking to stop my service and find someone else providing me internet without the worry of they going to charge me for something I don't order, from some company I don't know.

Kelly

Nov 15, 2010

I just noticed the exact same thing on my AT&T bill. I called the 800# listed. It redirected me to ID Life Guards company. The represented told me that my husband signed up for an ID protection service. It just so happened that the day he "signed up" we were out of town. She stated that someone from our house must have called however no one was at our house.

She did cancel the membership and refund the amount. It will take 1-2 business cycles. This is extremely frustrating. I will be calling AT&T in the morning to let them know next time there is a fraudulent charge on my account I will be canceling service. I don't understand how a company can be so bold as to tell me I signed up for something when I didn't. How do they get away with that?

0 0 Reply
they try to rip me off but gue

Aug 07, 2010

att is ripping off the customer by adding charges it hopes u wont notice. how can any company put their charges on my phone bill only fraudulent companies do that. then they say were a billing clearing house for lots of companies then why aren't u sending me a bill in the mail because its fraud and i wont pay for it, but if i pay AT&T to hide it in their phone bill i get to rip off most of you *** customers

Mary Ellen  8/5/10

Aug 06, 2010

I just opened my At&T phone bill and the exact same thing happened to me. ILD Telcommunications Inc. charged me $14.99 for nothing, as I asked for nothing. I never heard of this, and had to look it up on the internet to find out what ripoff service this was. AT&T has done this before with other dishonest companies, so I'm always on the watch! I'll call in the a.m., to see how I can get rid of it! It's terrible that there are so many dishonest people and companies operating in our country today. I'm ready to dump AT& T too!

Monica

Jul 07, 2010

Deb,
On behalf of ILD, we sincerly apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, and hope to resolve your billing issue to your satisfaction.

We strive to help everyone that contacts us with an issue and resolve the problem 100% of the time. Credit adjustments made by ILD will appear on your phone bill within 1-2 billing cycles. ILD submits the credit to your local phone company within 7 days. Your local phone company must process the credit through their billing system with millions of other records, and then print and mail your statement. If the credit is received from ILD after they have closed the billing cycle, the credit is held for the following cycle. For example, if you were issued a credit on May 1 and your billing cycle ends on the 3rd of every month, then your local phone company may not have enough time to process the credit for your May statement. Therefore your credit will be held for the following billing cycle.

If you still have questions regarding these charges, please contact us by calling (800)953-7765 or by emailing us at askild@ildmail.com.

Monica@ILD Teleservices

Deb

Jun 30, 2010

We've been fighting AT&T and ILD for 2 months now. ILD keeps insisting that someone in our home signed up for an internet download music service. Funny that our land line phone hasn't had internet service hooked up to it in 4 YEARS. But that's beside the point. It took my husband almost an hour to get the *** to understand that this was a fraudulent charge and to cease and desist. He's calling AT&T again today to deal with them. Next step is to cancel our land line.

Reba Porter

Jun 29, 2010

We had ILD charges on our home phone and OAN charges on our shop phone. We also have AT&T. What's up AT&T! We are considering on changing our telephone service's. We don't appreciate the extra charges!

Irene

Apr 22, 2010

I had the same charges, its seems that this kind of problem persist constantly. I agree with being an AT & T loyal customer, how can they authorize fraudulent charges.

Showing 1-20 of 22 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about ILD Telecommunications.
Filing a new complaint about
×